We are One UConn. Now more than ever, we must embrace and support the diversity of our community. In making this promise, I commit to do my part to protect the health and safety of myself and those around me. I will always seek to learn and develop myself while respecting the needs of others.
I will practice compassion, understanding, and respect. In making this promise, I acknowledge the harm of hateful and racist behaviors that discriminate against others. I stand aligned with our communities who have experienced greater vulnerabilities to mistreatment during COVID-19.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, I will:
- Whenever I’m in public wear a mask or face covering.
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distancing from others whenever possible.
- Wash my hands often — for at least 20 seconds — or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Follow University rules regarding gathering sizes, pedestrian traffic patterns, and other new regulations designed to promote safety and good health.
- Monitor daily for COVID-19 symptoms and inform health services or my health care provider regarding any changes in my health status.
- Commit to medical isolation, quarantine, or other medical direction when advised to do so by a health care provider.
- Read all University communications regarding COVID-19 updates and take action as necessary.
- Maintain all immunizations including an annual flu vaccine, as advised by my healthcare professional.
I promise to always:
- Respect the diversity of ideas and opinions expressed regarding global issues and seek civil discourse.
- Be an ally for individuals who have experienced bias and discrimination.
- If I am made aware of acts of discrimination, I will contact the Office of Institutional Equity.
- Acknowledge that, while students, staff, and faculty will vary in how they continue to maintain connection to the University, we are all committed to One UConn and supporting each other.
Commit to the UConn Promise
Students, faculty, and staff: Download the ‘I Promise’ badge to share in your email signature, on HuskyCT, on Portfolium, and/or on social media to let #UConnNation know that you’re committed to doing your part to keep our community safe and healthy.